TUSCANY, ITALY - CYCLING CAMP
Spring Road Cycling Camp
3/ 4 / 5
A CYCLIST'S PARADISE
AND MORE IN TUSCANY
The Wheelhouse invites you to come experience Tuscany with spectacular landscapes, incredible food, vineyards from the largest wine making region, and charming towns.
As always with our Wheelhouse Cycling Tours, our number one goal is to bring together like-minded people and share the passion for cycling in some of the coolest places on earth. We do our absolute best to offer a cycling experience that is more than just riding. From top-tier accommodations to well thought out routes for all rider abilities, to private chefs preparing nutritious meals giving you the fuel to perform at your best.
After the rides, our hospitality mindset really takes over with post-ride appetizers, full bike cleaning, and a few proper refreshments to fully relax while we discuss your day and how tomorrow is going to be even better.
You will ride through the best of Tuscany following many of the routes made famous by the Strade Bianche. Discover the magical walled cities of Volterra and San Gimignano and ride through Montalcino, home of the famous Super Tuscan Brunellos.
All of our routes will be carefully laid out to accommodate the group's skill level. All rides will be accompanied by a support vehicle, group guides will lead and sweep, on ride nutrition and hydration will be supplied.
The routes will be discussed the evening before the ride and riders will be provided with GPX files to upload on their personal cycling devices. if you do not have one please let us know and we will be sure to get you equipped with a cycling computer for the camp.
The accommodations we provide during our camps are of the upmost importance to us. It's crucial to the culture of everything Wheelhouse as we create a community environment allowing people to share the passion of cycling together.
Our base is an authentically renovated villa that is not your typical farmhouse in Tuscany. The property is surrounded by private wooded areas on the ancient Via Francigena and as soon as you arrive you can breathe the atmosphere of ancient times and feel the magic of a life spent immersed in this enchanted place.
The accommodations include individual/single bedrooms for all guests (shared accommodations can be privately arranged), full chef's kitchen (with private chef), and outdoor pool. The house is surrounded by a large garden full of hedges, aromatic plants and flowers of all kinds, olive trees and beautiful oaks.
- Five days of supported, guided rides through the rolling hills of Tuscany's finest cycling roads
- All-inclusive camp covers accommodations, bike rental, meals, on ride fuel, ride support and bike mechanics
- Healthy and delicious local meals with private chef
- Luxurious accommodations with private bathroom
- Airport transportation (flight times dependent)
- Wine tours and private authentic Tuscan meal experiences (Nonna's Cooking)
- Activities program available for non-cycling companions
- Alcohol, car rentals, shuttles and meals outside of group events will not be included
Please review current travel health restrictions.
DATES & PRICES
- 8 nights/9 days accommodations
- Airport transfers to/from Florence International Airport (FLR)
- Full board meals
- Officine Mattio Bike Rental
- Guided routes
- Daily ride support
- Ride nutrition and hydration products
- Daily bike maintainance
- Officine Mattio / Wheelhouse Cycling Jersey
Please be aware that international travel is subject to government COVID protocols.
- Italy Travel Extensions, Please Inquire
- Extra Night Accomadations, Please Inquire
- Tuscany Private Tours, Wine, Food Tours, Cooking Classes
- Bike Maintenance Clincs
- Non-riders are welcome! Tuscany offers alternative activities for anyone who isn’t a rider including horseback riding, nature walks, beach access, cooking classes and world class spas.
What’s Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Bike Insurance
- COVID Tests
- Bike Air Transport Fee
- Personal Laundry
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Private Tours
- Private Meal Outside Of Group
LOOKING FOR A PRIVATE CAMP?
Let us know your requirements.
We will plan everything for you, just show up and ride!
Bring Your Own
If you prefer to bring your own bike, The Wheelhouse will service and pack your bike at least 3 days before your departure. A thorough inspection and wash is included in your camp package. If any mechanic parts be needed, it will be mentioned and budgeted to you beforehand. May you require a bike bag for your trip, we'd gladly rent one to you on requestSHIPPING YOUR BIKEFLYING WITH YOUR BIKE
If you or your travel partner want to enjoy the trip and explore a new destination without a bike, drop us a line and we’ll discuss options. Some trips are better suited for non-rider participants than others.